2004 ~ McDonald's

A adventure through my employment history.
Laneth
The Neth
The Neth

2004 ~ McDonald's

Post by Laneth » 2:58 pm - Wed Aug 08, 2018

Starting in late-November 2004, I would work here for all of five weeks before I physically couldn't any longer.

I was hired on as a kitchen hand, to work the various cook stations. Full-time employment, for the first time ever - AND after not having had a job for four years!

Turns out standing up in practically one spot for eight hours a day didn't agree with my body, as back then I still had quite a problematic back problem.

When I approached management to seek a more varied set of tasks that would alleviate the back issues I was experiencing, I was met with resistance and flat-out refusal.

When I asked if it would be possible for me to roll over from full-time to part-time or casual employment, I was told there was "no positions available at this time" - despite the fact that I quit on the spot, went to my job network provider the next day, and found sixteen casual positions at my store.

This would be my first lesson in managerial and bureaucratic bullshit in large corporations.
Laneth Sffarlenn

“As a spirit schooled to power, his perception stems from one absolute. Universal harmony begins with recognition that the life in an ordinary pebble is as sacred as conscious selfhood.” ― Janny Wurts, The Curse of the Mistwraith