2000 ~ Spoils

A adventure through my employment history.
Laneth
The Neth
The Neth

2000 ~ Spoils

Post by Laneth » 2:57 pm - Wed Aug 08, 2018

Spoils was a store on the main street of Colac, directly next door to Dimmey's and opposite the "Memorial Square".

I got a job here thanks to my youth worker Simone, whom my parents got me to start seeing as both a kind-of counsellor and someone to help get me work.

Working almost every Sunday here for a 2 hour shift, making all of $8.something an hour, it almost wasn't worth it.

That being said, however, aside from my umpiring work, this was my first "real" job. It taught me not only how a simple retail store like this operates, but it gave me a taste of working registers and using active arithmetic to calculate change, customer service, merchandising and cleaning skills, a different kind of teamwork, and a basic understanding of chain-of-command business structure.
Laneth Sffarlenn

“As a spirit schooled to power, his perception stems from one absolute. Universal harmony begins with recognition that the life in an ordinary pebble is as sacred as conscious selfhood.” ― Janny Wurts, The Curse of the Mistwraith